Thoughts, News & Whines

As you know, I have kept working on this Energetic Baby for a LONG while, it's about time I take a break, i.e., take another route & (re)discover something new for myself and others. That "break" probably will last about 3 weeks or a month, before that, I'm afraid I have nothing new to offer on all the communities I join. :(

Most of time, I look at others' works, especially those that overwhelm me, in a larger scale and I actually treat those artists I deeply admire as enemies in my heart-- I adore them and I hate them! A couple of months ago while I was sitting in front of the TV and watching this show about contemporary artists, an artist, who the host remarked that he is the only living artist who made it to the exhibition in the Forbidden City (one of the most famous architecture in China), has said: "If you want to be an artist, be a best one." Does that sound conceited or unpractical? Was he talking in metaphor?! I guess not. I take that as encouragement, a guideline and drive, though the word "best" appears as vague as it sounds, and I always had this ambiguous thought (before i started learning graphics designing programs) that artists can't or shouldn't be great and famous til they are so dead and gone!

In the next few posts, I will criticize and analyze my latest works -- from the viewpoint of a guy who has passion but no knowledge, write about some websites/artists introduced on my diigo group, plus something else, something like a paragraph or two from "What is Art?" by Leo Tolstoy. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts